Tuesday, February 25, 2014

How To: Make a Piñata Dress?

What You'll Need:

- black dress
- 4 reams of different colored paper-streamer
- fabric glue
- scissors
- a plate of cardboard (you can buy these at a craft store)


I bought this simply, ugly black dress from Target for about $9.99 and used it as a base to create a piñata dress for a costume party. 


  1. Cut the streamer into 1 1/2 ft. long strips to cover the front half of the dress
  2. Go ahead and assemble your colors of streamer and cut half inch slits to create some texture
  3. Slide the cardboard piece in between the dress to stretch it out so the streamer wouldn't tear when I wore it
  4. Layer each strip of streamer onto the dress using the fabric glue (I glued them kind of close together so there wouldn't be any of the dress underneath showing when I wore it)
  5. Repeat. 


In this picture you can't tell, but I only had time to do the front-half of the dress. 
I finished the costume off by using two small strips of extra streamer and tied it around my head like a head band and some rosy lips to match. 

TIP: If you are planning on getting your freak on, on the dance floor, then I suggest to do only doing the front. 
PLUS, it is a lot easier to manage when you want to sit down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment